Friday, April 16, 2010

Project Implementation - TechQuest Podcast With Images

Podcast with images

3 comments:

  1. Jeff ~ The vignette you shared sounds way too familiar. To some students, school just isn't a part of their quality world - networking and socializing are. Unfortunately, I think that lack of motivation and student accountability will always be two issues teachers will have to deal with. It's unfortunate that students do not realize the only person they are hurting are themselves.

    Great reporting on project delights, bumps in the road and unresolved project issues (students missing an assessment). Your comment concerning lost whiteboard images struck a cord with me. I wish I had a nickel for each time I had to redo a recorded mimio tutorial session - I would be relatively rich, right now.

    It was wonderful to see that you followed Emily's helpful suggestion of creating different posts for this assignment. What tool did you like the best – the mp3 or m4a? Just wondering ~ Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say that I liked doing the m4a better. This is mainly because I got to play with the nifty features in GarageBand. It is certainly easier to just record a straight audio track for the MP3. I spent too much time getting the slides to fit the viewing format of the m4a.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jeff,

    What a great way to start your podcast. Nice pace for you project. I too have the problem with students missing when we have a test or quiz. I do end up making alternative assessments. It is a little more work, but I find it really to be the only effective way to deal with absenteeism. What do you think about making a policy where you can miss one assessment and then after that all other misses will be 0's or 50%s? Great Podcast Jeff.

    ReplyDelete