Hello, and welcome to my blog. I will be sharing my thoughts about educational technology as I work through a series of courses offered by Michigan State University.
This is my first blog and I have to say that it has been very easy to set up. To get this far, I had to view video clips on Blogger and EduBlogs. I found the Blogger video much more appealing because it was simple and straight to the point. The EduBlog video went into too much detail to get me excited. Once I got into Blogger, I found that it had all the same features as EduBlogs (although fewer templates).
There are several differences between traditional web pages and blogs. Traditional web pages tend to contain static information, generally aimed at promoting products, services, or organizations and can be found by anyone searching the web. Blogs are a means of publishing news to an audience that is determined by the author. For example, this blog is targetted at my team mates and instructors in CEP 811. Information can be updated as frequently as I like. My audience is free to comment on my blog entries pending my review.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Jeff,
ReplyDeleteAlright, take two, lets see if this goes through! I look forward to working with you.
-Jeff V.
Isn't this fun! I think I am on yours now!!!!!Great introduction! Heather
ReplyDeleteJeff,
ReplyDeleteOne point you made which spoke to me was about the LACK of advertising available on blogs. It's like, "Cut to the chase...exactly what I want to say." It seems like regular webpages often come with the standard ring of advertisements. How frustrating, isn't it?!
-Jeff
I realize that at some subconscious level advertisements must have an effect on me, but I believe that I ignore most noise on the internet. I do not even let my eyes travel to the areas outside of the content that I am interested in. If I a pop-up window advertisement appears, I make it a point to dislike whatever company is pushing their product.
ReplyDelete